Archive for August, 2011
The institute of pharmacy was established in 1853 at the faculties of philosophy and medicine in Innsbruck. The department of pharmacognosy was created in 1886 by the appointment of Josef MOELLER as head of pharmacology and pharmacognosy. He was mainly interested in morphological aspects of pharmacognosy and was known as one of the most excellent researchers in this area of this time.
In 1893 Josef NEVINNY became professor for pharmacology and pharmacognosy at the University of Innsbruck. Nevinny who mainly worked on pharmacognostical topics acquired the famous “pharmacognostic collection of the pharmacist Josef Dittrich” from Prague (“Pharmakognostische Sammlung des Apothekers Josef Dittrich“) with about 30.000 exhibits, the so called “DITTRICHIANA”. Read the rest of this entry »