Department of Pharmacy was first founded at the Faculty of Medicine of University of Belgrade on 24 October 1939. The Faculty of Pharmacy became an independent higher education institution on 19 October 1945. For a number of years the courses were taught in the facilities of the Faculty of Medicine, and in September 1991 the Faculty of Pharmacy moved to its own building located at Vojvode Stepe 450.
From its foundation until the end of 2007, there were 9,284 students who graduated from the Faculty of Pharmacy, and 1,788 completed their specialisation courses (1,176 attendees completed healthcare specialisation courses); moreover, 286 master’s thesis and 239 doctoral dissertations were successfully presented. (more…)